Monday, March 9, 2015

Less than a Week to Go...

It is hard to imagine that a week from today I'll be in Georgia, hanging out in the capital of Tbilisi.  The world around me will be changed, but the rest of you will be doing what you always do on a Monday morning.

I'm asking my students this week to do a bit of research about Georgia and find out some advice for me in traveling  and some questions I need to ask.  I'm excited to see what information they have for me.

The truth is, though, I will miss them.  They are some of the funniest, most creative and wonderful young people I have had the honor to know.  I will miss them reading aloud from Nothing But the Truth with silly accents and the fact they love to read that book.  I will miss our discussions over our daily ethical question--they are not afraid to share their opinions.  But most of all, I will miss them...in their squirrelly, middle-school way, they are becoming sone incredible people who are going to change the world.  Part of the reason I am taking this adventure is to lead by example.  If I, a middle-aged teacher (not as old as Narwin, though) who hasn't really been out of the United States can do this...what can they accomplish with their youth and enthusiasm?

I can't wait to see what is ahead for them and for me...

(and if you want to check out what my teaching partner is excited about...his blog is here and he's listed all of our events for our trip)

http://libguides.smes.org/content.php?pid=656363&sid=5437099

No comments:

Post a Comment