Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Quick Update

I know some of you have been checking this blog to see how things are going and I apologize for not updating more regularly (I will be doing better in Georgia).  Getting ready to go and trying to tie up lose ends both personally and professionally seems to be taking every extra moment of time.

I have a few updates to tell you about.  I found out that I will be going to Batumi, which is located on the Black Sea.  My host teacher, Nino, has set us up in a wonderful hotel (the wonderfully named Hotel Elegant) and I am blessed to have as my traveling companion Pete Clark, a high school English teacher from San Juan Capistrano, California.  Pete has amazing international experience and I am very much looking forward to learning from him as we go on this adventure.

It is a bit over a week until we leave and it seems like it will never come and that it will be here in just a few moments.  Time both slows down and speeds up at incredible rates.

I will take some time this weekend, after all of the birthday parties, to give some updates on our plans, where we are going and how we are planning on learning about the country of Georgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment